Send Photos from Your Mobile Phone to Your Facebook Account

Just about everyone has a cell phone with a camera on it these days, which is great for capturing moments instantly, but it’s rare for those photos to ever be seen by anyone else. Getting photos off your cell phone and to an online account like Picasa, Flickr, etc can be a real pain.

Facebook, however, makes it a lot simpler to transfer photos from your cell phone to your Facebook account with their Facebook Mobile service. Basically, how it works is that you email a photo from your cell phone to Facebook and then login into your Facebook account and confirm your cell phone. After that, you can send photos directly to your Facebook account from the phone.

Step 1: First, find the picture you want to upload to Facebook on your cell phone and find the option to send the photo in an email. Or you might first have to choose that you want to send an email and then you can pick a picture.

Step 2: Now send the email to mobile@facebook.com. Make sure the picture is included as an attachment to the email.

Step 3: You can put a title for the photo in the Subject line.

Step 4: Send the email and wait until you receive an email back from Facebook stating that the upload was successful. At the bottom of the email will be a six character code which you will need in the following steps.

Step 5: Now go to Facebook and log into your account. Then go to the URL below

and click on the Activate Facebook Mobile button.

activate facebook mobile

Step 6: At the bottom left of the page, you will see the Activate Facebook Mobile heading. Under the Activate button, click on Already have a confirmation code? link.

facebook mobile

Step 7: Type in the confirmation number that you had gotten in the text message from Facebook. You will then get a message saying Your mobile phone has been confirmed.

That’s it! You should now be able to send photos from your cell phone to mobile@facebook.com and have them show up in your Facebook profile! Enjoy!

If you are constantly on Facebook, you may also want to read my previous posts on how to change the Facebook layout, how to access Gmail via Facebook, and how to block ads in Facebook.  Source: Tech-Recipes

mycomputer.png

Simple Ways to Increase Computer Performance – Turn Off Indexing on Local Drives

Home screen

Sync Google Calendar with iPhone using CalDAV

computer management

How to Set Active Partition in Vista and XP

Connect iPhone or iPad to Your TV

1. roman says:

what if i got a new phone and forgot comfirmation code?!

2. Hennie says:

Tried the above but it did not work for my Samsung Omnia. I received an email response from Facebook with the following message. It says "Sorry we can't support upload sent via email.If you are sending from a phone, it must be configured to send directly." Any idea how I can fix this problem?

3. ericka says:

Hi, can you tell me if there is a way to update your Facebook profile picture from my cell phone? thanks

4. samantha cartwright says:

i have two accounts on facebook..now i cant get into both of my accounts using my same email…how can i get into both facebook accounts?

5. Rose says:

I did all the steps and got the confirmation email sent to my phone, but do you send your photos to moblie@facebook.com so it can upload then into your account?

6. I want to add my picture from my phone gallery to my email and facebook and my mobile number is +2348036018481

7. Hi,how can i upload my email and facebook with my photos from my phone gallery and my mobile number is +2348036018481 and my email is ikedia4life@yahoo.com

8. Janie says:

How can I upload a photo from my cell phone to change my Facebook profile picture? I know how to upload to the Mobile Uploads album, but is there a way to upload to the Profile Pictures folder? Thanks

9. smac says:

is this free? Or do you have to pay every time you send a picture from your phone to Facebook?

10. Delores Tucker says:

I have a sprint phone and I want to know if I can upload a photo to Facebook from it?

11. Aierle says:

Thanks for these instructions. It’s not that easy getting your cell phone setup to upload pictures to Facebook, but once it is working, it’s a great feeling! Thanks!

12. ikram uddin says:

How to do the opposite? Can I send photos from facebook to my mobile phone?

13. Erick Martinez says:

How can I transfer pictures from my Motorola blur cliq phone to facebook…..

14. Modus says:

these instructions are outdated. just go to http://www.facebook.com/mobile after u login to facebook and it will give u the email address to use to upload to your facebook from a cell.

15. Rafiq says:

I want to change my Facebook profile picture from my nokia n73.i s there any way to do it?

16. stephan walkingstick says:

I'm having trouble setting one of my uploaded mobile pics as my profile pic, how do i do this please??????

17. Biodun johnson says:

Kindly assist me in sending pics from my cell phone to Facebook. My no. is +2348039254232

18. Collins says:

What if my phone do not support send by e-mail??

19. Sandy says:

I get it . I followed every step but the thing is I don't get the part where you have to send the picture to the e-mail of facebook which is mobile@facebook.com . The thing is how can I send it to that if I'm going to attach my photo into it ? If I'm going to add mobile@facebook.com into my Contact list it's going to need a number and I tried the number of facebook which is 32665 and It's not working at all and it's frustrating . Please help me ! .

20. LadybugqTM says:

Heyy is there a way to send a pic & it automatically goes as a profile picture because when I send it from my phone it says the pics are in mobile pics & on my sidekick LX it dosent have the option to set them as profile pics or to move them into the profile pics folder. Help please =)

21. Nancy Shanize says:

How can i upload my photos to Facebook from my phone directly?

22. leah says:

what if i forget my code?

23. erica says:

how do i send an email from my cell to my Facebook account?

24. kc says:

what if you send the pictures. your phone said sent successfull but they do not show up in your mobile uploads album??? and i have reset my picture email.

25. cole says:

i have the pantech matrix without web service so how can i send pictures to my facebook page? what im asking is there way to send my pictures to my facebook page through a text message?

26. Tojo says:

I want to upload a picture to my Facebook account, but it is not working.

27. Melissa says:

Please help me. I am still struggling with uploading pix from my phone to facebook.

28. jen says:

I have the Blackberry Curve, and I was wondering if there's a way to upload all of my mobile pictures to Facebook instead of uploading them one by one!

29. Tina Davis says:

I do not understand this , it says wrong email address ???? i have never had a problem before , now it will not send pics from my phone to my facebook page !!